Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Captain!

Here are some pictures from Edmond's promotion ceremony. It was very informal, but that was good considering that Riley had less than a 1 hour nap! He wasn't grumpy, but was super excited and his talking was more like yelling! Oh well, the Colonel who led the ceremony was very patient and didn't seem bothered by Riley's talking. I was able to pin Edmond's Captain bars on one side of his uniform and it was such an honor. I really am so proud of who my husband is, not just as a husband and father, but also as a pilot and member of the United States Marine Corps. He is a pretty awesome guy who loves the Lord with all of his heart!

In this picture, Edmond is taking an oath. We didn't have very good seats for picture taking...oh well!
Here he is having his Captain bars pinned on his uniform. I was so nervous that I would drop them. Thankfully I didn't.
In this picture, Edmond is giving a short speech thanking everyone for being there and for all of the help they've given him since he's been in this squadron.
Edmond is showing Riley a map of the Big Island. Riley is exploring all of the mountains and volcanoes!
And here is a family picture. Riley was saying "cheese" constantly while we were taking this picture which is why Edmond and I are practically laughing!




No comments: