Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Countdown!

So...the most exciting thing going on around here is that we are FINALLY counting down to Edmond's return. To say we are anxious is an understatement!! I heard about this from a friend, but I made a little jar of hershey's kisses for Riley so that each day, he has a "kiss" from daddy until daddy gets home. So when they are all gone, Riley knows that THAT is THE day! Of course, I've added some extra because we really won't know a definite date until literally the day before! But we are down to the 2-3 week mark so that is good...so good! I really intended to do patriotic colored kisses, but couldn't find any so we went with purple and gold (GEAUX TIGERS)! Edmond will love that I'm sure!
And here is my sanity jar to help me make it until Edmond's return...is it sad that it's almost empty??!!! Yes..it is!

This was Aubrey's first time to eat pizza...ummm....she loves it obviously!


Isn't this LSU swimsuit adorable??!! One of my dear friends, Kim, sent it to us and I just LOVE it on her! I had to add a bow, you know!


On our way to the car, Riley saw a big rock and asked me to take his picture on it...it was just too cute to pass up!!! My sweet, sweaty, silly boy!!


AND...the biggest news (well other than Edmond getting close to his return), is that Riley is officially potty-trained!!! He is doing awesome! We've had a couple of accidents, but overall, he's doing MUCH better than I had imagined! He really likes to "tee tee on the potty" as he tells me every time he goes! I think he really feels like a big boy. I managed to catch him in his big boy underwear...I'm sure he'll hate me for this one day!

Please pray for us as we wait...and wait....and wait for Edmond! I'm sure these next few weeks will feel like a few months. I'm really just trying to stay busy and do as much as I can to prepare for his return. I"ll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karla I am so excited for ya'll. I know you must be so anxious. It will be here so fast. Take lots of videos when ya'll see him for the first time so you'll have the memories. Yay for Riley being potty trained. Carson has accident free days and then accident city. But it is exciting!

Wade's World said...

such a cute idea with the kisses! :) I hope your family is doing great! I can't believe how big the kids are getting.