Earlier this month we celebrated Riley's 3rd birthday. My oh my...where has the time gone??!!! We decided to wait until later in November to have his party because we had to move (just houses...not out of Hawaii) and then had family visiting. I'm glad we waited because it was extra special to have my parents, brother and niece there with us to celebrate (although I really wish my sister and the rest of her family could have been there too...as well as Edmond's family of course!!). My mom came up with the idea of a "Super Hero" party. One of her friends' grandson's had a super-hero party and made these cute capes. My mom worked herself to death making these!!! But it was worth it. The kids loved them and they were so cute. They also had little black masks to go with them. We had the party at a little gymnastics place in town called My Gym. They really did a good job with the kids. It was very nice not to have to clean up afterwards! And I think the kids enjoyed themselves! Here are a few pics!



I thought they were going to get sick spinning around in the tire swing! Seriously...we were all saying "not me" as to who would have to clean up their mess!

Sweet Evelyn and Rowan!


And my brother showing off his manliness with his "No Shave November" facial hair!

And Karleigh seemed to have fun too!

My friend Michelle made his cute cake!! She does such a good job!
And here is the crew! I LOVE that Straton still had his mask and cape on! He was hard core!

We waited and opened gifts at home. I liked this because he could really take his time and play with things after he opened them. We have some very generous friends!
Sweet Riley....you are so very precious to me! I cannot imagine life without you. You have such a sweet spirit and are the most friendly child I know. You never meet a stranger and have conversations with just about everyone you see. You love animals and always ask to pet them. I'm loving this age as I watch you learn how to share with your sister/friends, take turns and have compassion for others. You soak up everything you hear and are learning new things everyday! I am so very thankful that the Lord saw it fit for me to be your mom. I pray everyday that He gives me the wisdom and discernment I need to raise you His way! I love you so much and can't wait to see all the Lord has in store for you!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday sweet Riley! Such a cute party!!
Post a Comment