
Oh my Riley! He is just the sweetest thing (most of the time) and growing up way too fast. I am doing this post so that I can look back and remember all of the funny things he is saying and doing during his 3rd year of life!
He is really into the way I look (mostly the way I am dressed) these days. It really bugs him when I wear a t-shirt and shorts. He has learned from his daddy how to tell the girls in our family that they look pretty, but if I am in my "comfortable" clothes, he will adamantly tell me "you do not look pretty, mommy"! Ha!!! At first I thought it was pretty hysterical, but it is starting to get to me. I mean, I can't dress up for him every day!!! That boy!
He is also getting into the competition mode. Regardless of someone's age or size, he will INSIST that he is older than/bigger than the other person. This is oh so much fun while we are at the playground!!!
When he wakes up from his nap, he is either super cranky or super happy! I guess it depends on the dream he was having...who knows. His "happy wake-ups" are the best!! Today, when I woke him up, he told me (with the biggest smile on his face), that he had a dream about a T-Rex. He then went on to tell me about the conversation he had with the T-Rex in the dream. It was absolutely hilarious! And, yes...he is STILL into dinosaurs!
Riley is really starting to interact more with Aubrey. He will SOMETIMES share his toys with her, but he almost ALWAYS wants her to hug him. But whether or not she wants to hug him, totally depends on her mood and it drives him crazy when she won't comply! I'm sure this is only the beginning!!
He LOVES.....
- climbing in his daddy's jeep
- making me get the "heebie jeebies" (by asking me if I like lizards, snakes, etc.)
- eating anything sweet
- playing at the playground
- going to the beach and playing in the water
- getting packages in the mail
- going to his "big boy" Sunday School class
- staying in a hotel
- having visitors stay with us
My Riley just makes me smile...even when he's about to make me lose my mind! We love our children so much and are totally blessed by them!
No comments:
Post a Comment