Sorry...no pictures today, but I did want to write a quick update. It looks like we will be leaving for Hawaii on January 23rd. Edmond is away at another training right now (a very much not-so-fun training) and will be back on the 20th of January. A few days later, we will leave on a flight from New Orleans. We are excited, anxious and a little sad, all at the same time.
We have been blessed to spend some time with family over the holidays. We spent Thanksgiving with all of Edmond's family. It was great to have a house full of kids. Riley loved chasing all of the older ones around. And sweet Kayleigh was his little mother again...so precious. We had hoped to make a trip to Ringgold around New Years to see them again, but found out that he had to attend this training. Yuck! We spent Christmas here with my familiy and Riley and I have been here since Thanksgiving as well. It's been nice to spend so much time with them. I do think my mom will be ready to have a clean house again when we leave!!
One bit of exciting news is that I have a job in Hawaii. I have mixed feelings because I've really enjoyed my time home with Riley, but I was missing the fulfillment that comes along with my line of work..not to mention the little extra money. I will be working at an elementary school not far at all from where we will be living. The best part is that they are not working on Fridays (through the end of the year). I really wanted part-time, but knew I probably wouldn't find that in the school system, so I guess this is as good as it could get.
Ok, well, I think that's all for now. I hope to post again before we leave, but if I don't...you'll hear from me when we have arrived in Hawaii!!!
Why I take pictures at art museums
4 days ago
4 comments:
Yay for the job. I miss reading about the Long family. Good luck with the traveling.
I will miss having a clean house!
Can you please send along your new contact info? If you are going to be anywhere near our neck of the woods in mississippi, we NEED to see you. WE love you!
WOW.. thats a lot of newness for the new year. My prayers are with ya'll as you adjust to your new home and new job. Enjoy your adventure!
Post a Comment