Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That!


Things have been very busy around here lately! The last 2 weekends different organizations sponsored Spring Fling type activities on base. The first (Riley in the red shirt) didn't have as much for his age group to "do", but he had fun eating cotton candy, visiting with the Easter Bunny and doing some people-watching! Yesterday we went to another one on base and there was a ton for him to do! He rode his first pony (Edmond assisted of course)! We guess he liked it...he didn't really show much expression! He also danced to a singing quartet while we waited in line. It was absolutely hilarious!!! The song was quite slow, but Riley did his own thing! The singers were having a good laugh, that's for sure!!





Riley is also continuing to enjoy school. I was on spring break 2 weeks ago and volunteered to help out at his school for the book fair. I felt like such a mom being able to do that! This picture below is one of my favorites!! Edmond picked out this outfit...camoflauge shorts and a shirt that says "Major Hunk". He looks like such a big boy. We are not sure where the squatting pose for the picture came from, but it did make us laugh!

And Edmond has been teaching Riley how to hit a golf ball. I think Riley just likes swinging the club (so we bought him a toy set), but it keeps hims occupied outside so that he is not trying to run away from us.
I have one prayer request and one other request to add! First of all, we heard over the last few weeks that Edmond might have to go to a training out in the Pacific for part of July (about 2 weeks..we think). My due date is July 31st and Riley came about 3 weeks early (I know that doesn't really mean anything). I feel selfish asking anyone to pray for Edmond to be home for the birth so instead I am just asking that the Lord prepare us for whatever is going to happen. I just want us both to have peace and not spend the next few months worrying about what may or may not happen.

Next, this may sound very trivial, but I need help in the cooking department (those of you who know me are thinking "surprise, surprise" I know)!! I get home around 4:30 and it just seems impossible to spend time with Riley and Edmond and have something ready by 5:30/6:00. Does anyone have any suggestions for something fast, easy, and somewhat healthy...Edmond is a health nut!! Let me add, Edmond does most of the cooking right now, but I really want to be able to contribute!! If you don't want to leave it in the comments section, I can give you my email! Thanks so much!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such sweet pictures! What about grilling? That was always such a quick fix for supper for us. Grill the meat, a fresh veg and a salad and voila....Happy Easter!