Thursday, May 27, 2010

Changes!

We are getting ready for some fun changes here in the Long household! The obvious is a new baby, but I haven't done NEAR what I need to do in order to prepare for her arrival!!! That is coming soon...I promise!

First of all, even though we haven't officially started potty training, I did buy a little potty for Riley to start exploring the idea. This was suggested by our pediatrician and even though we are no where close to really potty training, I thought it wouldn't hurt to have one around. As you can see below...it's just a toy right now!!
Riley is also getting ready to have some summer fun time at home with mom. One of his favorite things to do is to play in the water outside (well being outside in general is wonderful to him, but being outside AND in the water is even better). I am so thankful to have a job where I have the summer off!! Today was my last day! In the picture below, you can see that his shirt is wet because he played in the sprinkler. He also love wearing daddy's boots when he gets home from work.
(I have no idea why it is underlining my text, but I don't have time to fix it) And then last, but not least, like I mentioned in an earlier post....we are moving!!! Yipee!! We couldn't be happier. When I get back from Louisiana, I will have another week in this house and then we'll be in the new one. I have some pictures of the current one and the new one, but let me just say first that 1- we were very thankful to have this home while we did, 2- this new home is nothing fancy, I know, but it is new and bigger and that is all that matters to us right now, 3- there are some downfalls to the new home, but I won't even mention them because I want to stay positive!!

Here is our current home. I do love the tree right in front and the privacy that the "wall" gave us while on the patio...but, I won't miss the lovely window units!!!

And here is the new one. It is a duplex, but still very nice. We haven't been in yet, but have peeked through our windows. There are 4 bedrooms upstairs (all pretty good sized) and the living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room and half bath downstairs. There is a little fenced in yard off to the side with a nice little patio. We are very anxious to get in and get settled. Trying to decide what colors to paint!!! I can't decide whether to play it safe or try something fun!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

4 comments:

Wade's World said...

The new house is beautiful! Miss you guys...can't wait to see the newest addition. I can't believe you will be a family of 4 :)

The Tylers said...

You are the one living in the house so as long as yallvare happy, that's all that matters!! I hope you have a wonderful summer and have fun decorating your new house.

Unknown said...

The new house looks very cute. I can already see some plants on the front porch. Good luck getting as much done as you as possible can before princess Aubrey makes her debut. But don't stress, your mom will be there soon. And we both know she is the one that makes it really look cute.

Jared and Michelle said...

Love the new house! I need to hire your mom to come to my house to decorate! Julie is right... she does do a great job with the decorating! I am so glad that ya'll have settled in and are enjoying the new place! Thanks for sharing!