Today has been such a wonderful Mother's Day! I've been thinking alot today about several things. First of all, about the wonderful mother, grandmothers and mother-in-law I've had in my life. They've all had such an influence on my spiritual life and I'm so thankful for that. I've also been thinking about the days when I wondered if I would ever be a mother (and a wife). Those were some difficult times. I never heard the Lord say one way or another if I would get married or have children, but I just decided to trust that He would make my heart ok with whatever He decided to do with my life. I'm not saying it was always easy to trust Him....sometimes it was a daily decision! Anyway, I just want to encourage any of you who are also waiting to see what He has in store for your life. Hang in there and keep close to Him.
In addition to being thankful for the women in my life, I am also so very thankful for these two boys! They made today so very special! We spent several hours at the beach and it was so relaxing. Sometimes it is not, but today was different.
Here is Riley pulling his puppy in a wagon! He is just too funny. This little boy makes me smile so much. I just can't get enough of him. And soon his little sister will be making things very interesting around here. I will let you know the name we've decided on in the next post!
And for a bit of exciting news....we are MOVING!!! Woo hoo!! Not away from the island, but to a new home. We are beyond excited. It will all be happening mid-June. We are still going to be living next to our current neighbors (they are awesome and we couldn't be happier about this). The best part is that our house will have 4 bedrooms!!! So....bring on the guests! We will have plenty of room for visitors. Love you and miss you all!
3 comments:
Thanks for the reminder of trusting God...I definetely feel like I have gotten closer to him through this journey. I'm glad you had a good day, I want to see some belly pictures of you! I loved seeing you pregnant with Riley, you are the cutest pregnant girl :) Oh...our camera is a Nikon D3000, and I edit basic stuff with lightroom, I am still learning. But the camera was worth every penny. Glad you guys are doing well, and don't be offering room to stay...I will take you up on that! :) Love you guys!
Hooray for 4 bedroom houses! We know all about those fast growing families and the need for more room. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you add baby girl to your family. It will be hectic but oh so much fun!
And baby Riley is the cutest thing ever. Boys are so sweet and they love their mama!!!!
Glad you had a good mother's day! We are so blessed! I can't wait to know the name you guys decided on... smooth move leaving us hanging!! I can't wait to meet little miss!
Post a Comment