Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Life with 2 Little Ones

Well, life has definitely been exciting over the last several weeks....that's for sure! I think I am starting to get used to having very little sleep. And surprisingly, it's not really due to my youngest, but to my oldest. Riley has just not been sleeping well. He wakes up all throughout the night crying his little heart out. At first, I was a softie and I went in every time, hugged him, laid him back down and left. After several nights of being up ALL night, last night we tried the whole "crying it out" thing. He had trouble going to bed, but only had one other spell (short one) during the night. I guess I have to stay tough!!

Some other interesting details include:

- I have locked myself out of my house not once, but twice while at least one child was inside. Yes, I know, I am not going to win a "mother of the year" award!!! Thankfully, both times, the children were contained and not able to roam about the house (well, Riley, obviously Aubrey is not going to roam)! Also thankfully, I had my phone with me once and my neighbor was home the other time. Our doors do not unlock when you open it from the inside so if you don't manually unlock it and you don't have a key with you....you are in trouble. Edmond was able to come home quickly both times to help me out!!

-I have been trying to cook a meal almost every night. This is not easy for me because I really don't cook, but now that I am at home full time, I feel like I need to be more domestic and cook dinner for my husband!! One meal I was especially proud of was roast, rice 'n gravy, rolls, etc. The roast was super easy so I will have to do it more often. Of course, Edmond had to stay at work much later than expected and he missed dinner. Oh well...at least it was waiting for him when he did make it home!


-We've been to church twice with Aubrey. She was a little "vocal" the first time, but slept like a champ during the second service. I was so happy to be back in a place of worship!

This was our second Sunday going to church. I completely forgot to take a picture the first one!! Oops!

-I joined a MOPS group and had my first meeting last Tuesday. Riley was still in daycare so he didn't join us, but Aubrey was a trooper. She slept in her stroller the whole time. I sure hope that becomes a habit for her!! Riley will go into a childcare room and I hope that it is good for him.

-Riley had his last day of daycare yesterday and we were all sad (well, not him, he has no clue). We have really LOVED his teachers. Riley loves them too. He talks about Ms. Tasha ALL the time. She has a son about his age so we are hoping to have some play dates soon.

Riley and Ms. Kelsey!

Riley the cat and Ms. Tasha!

Other than that, things have been pretty normal. In baby news...Aubrey is doing well. She eats every 3-4 hours during the day. I usually wake up only once at night (round 2 or 3 am) and then I feed her again between 7 and 8. I consider that pretty good, but I would LOVE to get a full night of sleep soon. Aubrey is starting to really watch us and Riley of course. We call her Miss. Serious because she always looks like she's concentrating on something. I've seen her start to smile and lighten up a little lately though!!

I'll leave you with a few pics of my sweethearts!!

Here is Riley in his most favorite spot....riding in Daddy's jeep!

Edmond took Riley to see some planes/helicopters that are at the entrance to our base. It looks like they had a blast!

Here is Miss Priss at 6 weeks of age!

Thank you Ms. Laurel for the gifts!!! I really love them! -from Riley and Aubrey

And here she is in one of my favorite new outfits. I found it at Gymboree on clearance!! Woo hoo!

No comments: