Friday, October 15, 2010

2 Months (a month late) and 3 Months

O'kay...so I'm a bit late with a 2 month post!!! But, I did write down all of Aubrey's 2 month stats on her birthday so I'll include those with some pics (more for my memory than anything)!!

At 2 months, Aubrey, you are:
- staying awake for 1-2 hours at a time during the day (sometimes longer, but not happily)
- getting one feeding during the night, usually at 2 or 3 in the morning
- waking up between 6:30 and 8:00, but after eating, sleep most of the morning away
- liking to sleep on your side on a regular basis, but on your belly when you have an upset stomach...I only do that when I'm right by your side!
- turning in to a "spitter-upper"!! Yuck!!
- still sporting your pretty blue eyes
- loving to lay on the floor and kick your little heart out
- starting to smile and coo
- loving to look and "play" with brother and daddy
- ALWAYS sleeping while in your carseat/stroller...makes running errands very easy!


And now at 3 months, Aubrey, you are:
- smiling and laughing at us ALL the time
- cooing and talking to us more and more
- still having one feeding during the night around 2 or 3 in the morning (although you have slept until 4:00 and 4:30 a couple of times)
- starting to nap in your bed rather than your bouncer/swing
- have developed a bit of a temper and WILL NOT eat if you are upset. I have to get you calmed down and almost asleep before you are eat when you are upset.
- love your pacy (most of the time)
- love being outside
- stay awake for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours at a time
- take at least one 2 hour nap a day and then usually several short 30 minute to 45 minute naps...we are working on just 3 naps for longer periods of time
- still have those piercing blue eyes...your daddy is proud
- love watching your big brother (and TV...I know, I'm a bad mom)
- still spitting up a good bit
- very fussy when we get ready to sit down for dinner...go figure!
-LOVING bath time. This is my favorite time of the day because we get to visit, just us girls!






3 comments:

Jay & Krissy said...

Great pictures Karla! Aubrey is getting so big and she is so beautiful!

We miss y'all!
Krissy

Jared and Michelle said...

I finally had time to sit and read your blog. Aurey is adorable. She is so big already! I just want to squeeze her!

Katie said...

Karla ~

Aubrey is too cute. ; )

You asked about getting Colson to sleep through the night. Well, we do something that we call the "gut bomb." Ha! It doesn't always work, but I believe it helps.

We give Colson a bottle at night with rice cereal in it. You can mix it with breast milk or formula and warm it up a little bit. We cut the nipple on the bottle a little to make it bigger, too.

We did this with Zach, and it helped him sleep longer but not through the night.

It's working well for Colson. He's such a hunger little guy, too.

Hang in there!