Even though I don't want to use this blog to complain, I have a feeling that is what this post will sound like....I apologize before I even get started and feel free to skip down to the pictures!!! Here is what's been going on in the Long household lately:
1) Not a whole lot of sleep!!! We are still having some trouble with Riley at night. I even took him to the Dr. to rule out any physical problem. Of course there was none...it's behavioral. She gave us a few suggestions (i.e. spending more "fun" time in his room), but they really haven't made a difference yet. Aubrey is doing pretty well sleeping, but still wakes up every now and then (between feedings) and I just have to put her pacifier back in. Between the two of them though, I don't get more than 1-2 hours of connected sleep at a time. If you have any advice...please share!
2) The Terrible Twos!! We are also having to be very consistent with our discipline these days because Riley seems to LOVE testing us. Depending on his mood, when we tell him to do or not to do something, he may comply without hesitating OR he may throw himself on the floor, kicking and screaming and then proceed to hit/kick/bite us. I love my child dearly and he is so very precious, but these moments are not fun at all!! I am reading Dr. James Dobson's book, 'The Strong Willed Child' and hoping to be enlightened!
3) Talk of Deployment...which keeps getting closer and closer. Even though we have several more months before Edmond leaves (tentatively in February), it's become a popular conversation around the house these days. I just dread that time with my whole being!!! I honestly can't imagine being away from my husband for that long and raising two kids by myself for that long. Everyone tells me that you just do it because you have to! I'm sure that is the case, but I would really rather not find out. I guess I don't get that choice though.
Ok, so that's enough of my complaining!!! Life is really good and in all of these times, the Lord is growing me and changing me...and for that, I am thankful!
Here are a few pics!!
2 comments:
I feel you. I just called my mom yesterday to tell her about Carson getting mad when he doesn't get his way. It's sounds like your doing it right, but it can be tiring!!! I'll be praying for you about Edmond leaving.
I am just now reading your blog and feel as though I CSM relate to what you are going through. Just first let me say that " this too shall pass" although I know you don't want to hear that. Hopefully the sleeping will get better soon but never will you get enough:( until they are grown(I know, again not what you wanted to hear!!). Is there any way you could hire a sitter for a few hours a day or heck, even fly home during Edmond's deployment? I have a friend who is home in Ruston with her 2 babies until may since her husband in out of the country. They live in NC. Please call me if you have any questions!!! 318-560-5359. My heart aches for you as I have BEEN there and still am. Thinking of you!!!
Post a Comment