
Dan and the kids, November 2010
Well, the kids and I made an unexpected trip home last Thursday. My mom called Wednesday night to tell me that my cousin, Dan, had passed away. Dan is one of the most amazing people I have ever known. He dealt with much adversity regarding his health through most of his life, but you would have never known it. He had more joy than you could imagine. He was ALWAYS concerned about everyone else and whatever trial they were going through. I am so thankful that we had such a special friendship....he was and still is a constant encouragement to me.
Five years ago, the Lord blessed him with the most wonderful wife....she is an answer to so many prayers! She is absolutely precious and their love for the Lord is just contagious! And just 4 months ago, the Lord blessed him again when they adopted their 2 year old daughter, Nadezda....adorable! He was the most proud "papa"!! And was just a natural in this role of a father. I am so thankful that he lived such a full life. Of course, I am terribly sad that it was cut so short. I guess we are never ready to say goodbye. But...my peace and comfort come in knowing that one day, I will see him again...and we will together get to worship our Lord!
Thank you Jesus for such an amazing cousin and friend!
3 comments:
I am so sorry for your families loss, Karla. You will be in my prayers.
I'm so sorry Karla. Praying for you and your entire family.
I am so sorry Karla. I will remember your family in my prayers during this time. May the Lord comfort you during this time. Love you!
Post a Comment