Friday, March 11, 2011

Riley's Riding!

I feel like I've been neglecting my first born in the blog world lately!! So I will brag on him a little today. He really has been doing a good job adjusting to Edmond being gone. He talks about him alot and asks about him, but doesn't get sad. He is such a kind-hearted boy...WILD, but kind-hearted! He has started saying a few new things. One is that when I tell him he can't do/have something he says, "My never....." (fyi..."my" = "I" and/or "me" in Riley's language these days). For example, when I say that we can't watch TV, he says, "My never get to watch TV." I guess I'm the mean mommy who NEVER lets him do anything!! When I tell him to finish something or clean something up, he says, "One more minute mommy". Guess he's heard me say that a few times. He also apologizes on his own ALL the time. Sometimes I wonder if he says "I'm sorry" because he means it or because he thinks it will get him out of trouble! He also says, "I love you Mommy" alot...with hugs and kisses...that's the best!

He also learned how to ride/pedal his tricycle this week! I am so proud of him. We've been working on it for awhile, but he really wasn't interested and just wanted us to push him. Earlier in the week I let him get on it for the first time since Edmond left and he acted like he'd always known how to do it. I will leave you with a quick video of him riding! I'm a proud mommy tonight!


1 comment:

Wade's World said...

He is getting so big! I miss your family so much! Love the video :)