Saturday, September 1, 2012

Swimming

We just finished swim lessons today!  Woo hoo!  Riley did 2 back to back sessions....4 weeks total.  And he thoroughly enjoyed it.  Just the last few days did he start kind of complaining about having to go.  But, he always enjoyed it once we got there.  On the first day, he was so excited that he could hardly stand still.  He was practically jumping up and down while the teacher was introducing herself and giving them some instructions.  It was quite an adjustment for Riley to learn how to sit and wait for his turn.  But by the end of the 4 weeks, he was doing so so well!  I was beyond proud of how far he had come.  And as far as the swimming goes...he far exceeded my expectations!  I told Edmond on day 1 that I thought Riley would NEVER learn how to float, because he just can't be that still.  And my boy totally proved me wrong.  He is now doing really well swimming under the water and has made tons of progress swimming on top of the water.  We still have some work to do before I say he "knows how to swim".  But he is such a trooper...not afraid of a thing!  And I have to add that I had a very proud mama moment today.  There was 1 boy in the class who just was not very fond of jumping by himself. So Riley started chanting, "You can do it.  You can do it."  And the rest of the class joined in while they encouraged the little guy to make the jump.  His kindness and the way he just loves people...MELTS MY HEART!  I sure do love this guy!

 Posing for the camera with his treat for finishing the session.

And here he is showing off his skills!!



No comments: