Sunday, February 8, 2009

Firsts

Riley has had many "firsts" over the past few weeks.  On Saturday, January 24th, he came down with his first stomach virus!  Of course Dad was out of town on a cross-country flight.  And then to make matters worse....I caught it from him the next day AND Edmond was stuck out of town (weather problems) for 2 extra days.  Mimi came to the rescue!  It was not much fun, but we survived.  In the picture, Riley is showing you his purple tongue from the pedialyte.  Riley also experienced his first time in his Bumbo, his first Superbowl with Dad, and his first daycare experience.  The daycare only lasted for a few weeks!!! I am now going to be able to work part time (4 days a week for now, then 3 days in a month or two) and we have a sitter who is going to keep him!  We are having so much fun watching Riley as he starts to smile and laugh...all the time!!! He is such a blessing!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH...part time! I love when the Lord changes plans at the last minute for the better!

Jared and Michelle said...

He is changing so much! He is so cute! I am glad you are getting to spend a little more time with him. I love the purple tongue picture!