Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Update on Riley

Yesterday we got a call from the Doctor saying that Riley had Salmonella.  We have no idea where he could've been exposed to this, but we are worried sick, to say the least!  We have been cleaning our kitchen/apartment inside and out just to be sure if there was something here, that it is gone now.  They told us that it can be contagious from one person to another if they are in contact with bodily excretions.  It works the same with animals/pets.  It makes you so aware of things you may track in with your shoes or even if you drop a blanket and don't wash it right away.  Anyway, Riley is doing ok....not great, but ok.  They have told us that it could take days, maybe weeks for his symptoms to totally go away.  That just makes me sick!  My mom stayed here to be with him yesterday and today (so that I could go to work for a few days) and I will be home with him for the remainder of the week.  Please pray for us.  We are struggling with feelings of guilt and inadequacy as parents (maybe me, more so than Edmond).  You just think that you should be able to protect your child from these things!  In just a few short months, Riley has experienced an allergy to dairy, a stomach virus, and now Salmonella!  I just feel horrible!  Anyway, enough about my feelings.....more than anything, please pray for Riley to be completely healed!  I know the Lord is with us and has His arms around him, but it still breaks my heart watching him go through this.  We love you all!!

3 comments:

David Toledo said...

So sorry to hear that. We will be praying for you!

Kandy said...

Karla, I found your blog through Tafta on Facebook. Hope you don't mind. Riley is just precious. I will be praying for you all. I know what you are going through. It's so hard when your babies get sick and you feel so helpless. It will pass and he will heal.

I also have a blog. www.thebozemanboys.blogspot.com
Check it out when you have a chance. I started it for the grandparents and family in Louisiana to keep up with us, but have found that I love writting on it!

Take care! Love you!

Jared and Michelle said...

Karla,
I have no doubt that you guys are amazing parents and you are doing everything you can to protect him. Don't be too hard on yourself! I know we have been frustrated with things like this; it is all so new and you hear different things from different people or read different things in books. Sometimes I wonder what is true and what isn't. Someone told me that you just have to do what you think is right for your baby. I am sure you are doing that and that is all that matters. I am so proud of you; you are handling this stuff well. God bless your mom!!!