
On Thursday, February 19th, Riley started running a fever and having lots of really dirty diapers (if you know what I mean) with some blood in them. During the night, his temperature shot up to 102.8 and I started getting nervous. I took him in to see our pediatrician, Dr. Mahaffey (who is just wonderful...we love her), and she sent us straight to the hospital. She said she didn't want us to worry, but since it was right before a weekend and we couldn't get his fever down she wanted us to go so that they could run some tests and monitor his hydration. I called Edmond and he met us at the hospital at about 12:30. Friday was pretty rough, but Riley started doing much better on Saturday. They sent us home today (Sunday), although he is still having some dirty diapers! He is no longer running a temperature, thank you Lord! Anyway, most of you have been praying for him and we thank you!! We still don't know what he has (most tests have come back negative), but feel certain that he is on the road to recovery! Here are a few pics....the gown was just so sad so we did not put it on him....had to take a picture though.



No comments:
Post a Comment