Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Catching Up!




Since I haven't been writing very many posts lately, I decided to do one to catch everybody up on Mr. Riley and what's been going on in his life lately.  First of all, on Mother's Day weekend we drove to Pineville to spend some time with my family.  Riley had his first official swim.  The water was still pretty chilly so we didn't get all the way in.  He seemed to like it though.   Riley has also had some good hang out time with Dad lately!  The picture of the two of them was from Memorial Day weekend.  Riley is wearing a onesie that my friend Bevanne made for him! 
 















Thanks Bevanne....we love it!  A few weeks ago, some friends of ours (Ryan and Greta) threw us and another couple from our small group a going-away barbecue.  We had so much fun visiting with everyone.  And Riley LOVED their dogs!! Poor things, I think he scared them a few times!  We are really going to miss our church family when we move.  I am going to try to be good at keeping in touch.  Riley also had his last day with Mrs. Jan, his sitter.  It was really sad because she has just been such an answered prayer!  Most of you remember that we had a rough daycare experience and I really thought I was going to have to quit my job.  Then we heard about her.  We couldn't have asked for someone better.  She had all boys at the time Riley was with her.  How funny!!  Anyway, that's about it!  Today is my first day at home (and not at work or on vacation) with my son.  It's so wonderful!! I'm even dressed with hair washed and make-up on.  I wasn't sure if I would get out of my pj's!!!

3 comments:

Wade's World said...

hey karla! ok i feel so dumb :) I just set up a blog account and am trying to get a shabbyblogs background and i cannot figure out how to get it to my account. any time i get the code it is not working. can you help ? :) yea, and can i send you a regular message through blogspot? help haha

Karla and Edmond Long said...

Hey Rachel! I hope you think to check here for this response! I tried to go to your blog to do it, but it didn't have a spot for comments. I always spend so long when changing my backgrounds and never remember how I did it. Let me play around with it and I'll get back to you!!! So glad you decided to do one!!!

Jared and Michelle said...

Love the swim trunks! He is so stinkin cute!! I can't believe he is getting so big! I love the dog pic too!