I had a friend say the other day that she didn't think she wanted to start a blog because it seemed like people only talked about all the wonderful things going on in their lives. It sounded like she was essentially saying that people are not "real" in the blog world.
At first I was pretty offended and and started naming all the blogs I know of that were begun (or became popular) because of someone being very sick or because they have been unable to conceive a child or because of some other difficult situation. Although I could name several, I then started thinking of my own blog. Do I ever mention difficult times? Mmm, yes. Do I talk about the hardships of my life? I think so. But, do I shy away from being completely "real" about some things? Probably so. I am currently doing the Beth Moore Bible Study, "Esther". In this week's video she makes a statement that I've been thinking about alot. I don't remember the exact wording so I am not going to quote her, but she talks about the fact that in order for the Lord to completely reveal your destiny and use you to fulfill it, He needs your transparency.
I have always struggled with complete transparency (guess because of that pride thing) so I am going to really give it a go here.
To be completely transparent....the past several weeks been some of the most difficult in my life. I think I've cried every day over the last month or so (although crying is not so far from the "norm" for me, you know...once a month or so, crying on a daily basis is very much unusual). Sometimes it's over things that I know are breaking God's heart and sometimes over silly self-pity. Sometimes over Satan's lies I see affecting not just a person or a couple, but a family and sometimes just because I'm tired. Sometimes because I really miss my family and friends and sometimes because Riley is fussy. So, life is not all peachy right now!
BUT, in all of this, I have felt the Lord at work, maybe more than ever before. I feel Him near. I hear Him whispering truth. I see Him making good come out of some things that are not good at all. And He reminds me that He is bigger than all of this!!
And so this post is not completely void of pics, here are some things that remind me of God's love and goodness AND the fact that He IS bigger than all of our messiness (and from time to time, if I were to be completely transparent, it helps to be reminded).
watching my niece and nephews jam out with Rock Band
my son riding a four-wheeler for the first time with cousins and Gaga

looking at old photos (I just love this picture!)

laughing with my family
AND going for walks with my husband and son (we do this just about daily)
4 comments:
Well I, for one, appreciate the honesty and transparency in what you write. I think that it is important that believers honestly depict their real lives. It is a demonstration of their ongoing need for God's grace in every situation of life.
God's work in our lives is manifested through our struggles, shortcomings, failures, and successes...not in spite of them.
Thanks for sharing a small glimpse of your family with the blogging world. I really appreciated your recent post about your husband. Sounds like you have a great guy who has a heart for the Lord!
Loved that post! So sorry I haven't written sooner...it was crazy with the house and now school is back in session: AGGHHHH! But I love that we can "see" each other on the blogs! And I saw David in church last Sunday and told him how we knew each other. He is such a nice guy. Stay upbeat and know God is using these tough times for a reason. Lord knows I have been there!
Loved the post...I think I love the blogs the most that share their struggles.
I have certainly shared mine and hope it helps someone else....Loved finding your blog...
Karla...
Love this post...Love that you are willing to share...and LOVE the picture of you and Kristin and your parents.
Post a Comment