Saturday, February 20, 2010

Riley's Rockin' Ride (and other fun stuff)

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Pitty Pat, Gaga, Aunt Amy and Uncle David. This little red car is Riley's Christmas present from them and he LOVES it. Christmas was a little complicated this year because our "stuff" had already been shipped, which meant any other gifts would have to travel with us in the airplane to Hawaii. So....Edmond's parents and sister, Amy, gave him gift cards to Target. I really kept forgetting about them, but finally remembered to use them last week. We thought this would be a perfect toy for Riley since the weather is so very warm here and we have LOTS of outside time. Can you tell how much he likes it??

Here are just a few other pics from all that has been happening here! We had a blast with my mom and were very sad to see her leave. Of course I know she had to return home to the rest of the family, but visits with her are never long enough! She was here for a whole week and I only have one picture of her and Riley...and you can't even see Riley's face. i am still going to post it below, but I have to be better at remembering to take pictures when visitors are here!

Here is Riley loving on his Valentine's bear. He is just so sweet!

We took him to the zoo one morning while my mom was here and he really seemed to enjoy it. I know we did! I think he is admiring the giraffes in this picture.

And here is the one picture with my mom...I'm so disappointed that it didn't turn out better!

I don't know the name of these trees, but they are all over here in Hawaii and they are so cool looking! Riley and Daddy are posing one last time before we leave the zoo.

My mom wanted to keep Riley so that Edmond and I could go on a date while she was here. We still have never left Riley with anyone other than family. I think we are ready, but we just don't know any babysitters here yet. Anyway, we spent most of the day in Honolulu/Waikiki. We went to Pearl Harbor to see the U.S.S. Arizona memorial (pictured above). It was very moving.

And for those of you who really know me, you know that I LOVE snow cones! We found some right on Waikiki beach and they were definitely the biggest snow cones I have ever seen. They are actually called Shaved Ice here, but you know...it's the same thing!

That's about it for now. Riley starts daycare and I start work on Monday. Ughh!! I am not looking forward to leaving him at daycare, but I know he will enjoy it. We took him Friday to see the place and get acquainted with his teachers and he didn't even look back at us when we got there! I'm sure it will be harder on me than on him!!! Hope you are all well!



2 comments:

The Tylers said...

Love the pics Karla! Riley is sooo cute and we are praying for a smooth transition into daycare as well as your new job.
I went to Honolulu on a college conference cross country meet 10 years ago and the high light of the trip was our trip to Pearl Harbor. Very inspiring and humbling. Keep us posted on your life in HI!

Jared and Michelle said...

He is getting so big! Looks like he had fun at the zoo! I think those are the biggest sno cones I have ever seen!