Thursday, July 22, 2010

Prior to Aubrey's Arrival

So....before Miss. Aubrey arrived, I had planned on doing a post about all of the fun we were having while waiting for her....then she came a bit early! Oh well, better late than never!

First of all, on July 5th, Riley and I had our last mother/son date before our company arrived. We went to the beach not far from our home and just played in the water and sand. Of course it started raining after only about 20 minutes, but luckily, he and I had both about had enough of the sand. I'm sure it was quite funny seeing me (at 9 months pregnant) running to the car with Riley and camera in tow! I was thankful for the last bit of time with my first born before he lost his 'only child' status!



On July 6th, our first non-family company arrived...my good friend Amy. We were so excited about her visit and wanted to make sure that she was able to do all of the fun stuff she wanted to do. We also knew that Aubrey could arrive any day so we tried to do as much as we could early on during her visit.

First, Amy and I took a drive up to the North Shore. It took about an hour going up along the coastline and then about 30-45 minutes coming back on interstate. Here are a few things we saw.
Ted's Bakery
Sunset Beach
Shark's Cove



We also went to Hanauma Bay, a popular park at which people snorkel and scuba dive. I did not snorkel, but Amy seemed to enjoy it. Our neighbors also came and we had lots of fun with them.


Amy and Riley enjoyed LOTS of outside time. He loved having her trace his body with the sidewalk chalk. They also took lots of walks to give me a break every now and then. Riley entertained us with his dancing on several occasions and kept us laughing...of course!


Amy was so gracious to offer to babysit Riley one night so that Edmond and I could have a date night. This is my last pregnant picture from right before our date. I wish we would have taken one of the two of us, but I just wasn't thinking! We went to Cold Stone for ice cream and then to see the movie "Grown Ups". It was cute and funny.



Then, the night before Aubrey came (of course we didn't know it at the time), we took Amy out to eat at Haliewa Joe's. This is one of our favorite restaurants here. It is located right next to a botanical garden so the view is just gorgeous.




In my next post I will tell about the day and events leading up to Aubrey's arrival. I will warn you now that there are LOTS of pictures!

2 comments:

megan kelly said...

congratulations sweet girl. love you and your family. i am so pumped ames was there with you!! so was she. =) miss you always!

Anonymous said...

I want to visit you....and I can not wait to see ALL the pictures of Aubrey. Congrats!