Today is Riley's first birthday! I really can't believe it. I have been thinking constantly the last few days about everything I/we were doing the few days leading up to and of course the day of his birth. I have to tell you something so fun to me....during the labor/delivery last year, we were excitedly watching the Georgia/Florida game (remember my husband and his family are HUGE Georgia fans) and yesterday during his party what were we watching....the Georgia/Florida game! It is just so crazy that it has already been a year since he made his arrival into our family! And we haven't been the same since!!

Riley- November 1st, 2008
Riley- November 1st, 2009
Here are some things my precious little boy is doing at 1 year old:
- takes 5-6 steps at a time
- has only 2 1/2 teeth
- claps his hands when he does anything...especially when we start saying "yay"
- waves "hi" and "bye"
- "talks" on our cell phones (of course not when anyone is actually on the other end talking to him)
- attempts to use the comb to comb his hair
- gives big open-mouth kisses
- is starting to get a little attached to mommy (makes me smile except in the middle of the night when he only wants me!!)
- says "dada" ALOT and every now and then "mama"
- imitates "woof" for the dog and sometimes "roar" for the tiger
- is terrified of the vacuum cleaner, mixer, or anything else that makes a loud noise (except the hair dryer...he loves to sit and watch me dry my hair)
- is starting to take only one nap a day
- sleeps through the night occasionally (he's just been feeling under the weather lately with cold, teething, and stomach stuff so hopefully we will get all of this under control soon)
- laughs all the time
- LOVES people (especially children and older adults), balloons, anything with a handle, remote controls, cell phones, naked time, glasses, food, Mickey Mouse, taking a bath, playing with things in the refrigerator and dishwasher, and doing anything outside!
We had a great time at his party yesterday! Thank you to our friends and family who were able to come and celebrate with us! He LOVED eating his cake. I finally had to take it away because I think he would have kept eating until it was gone! Here are a few pictures from the day! I am also posting a video of him walking because his Gaga and Aunt Amy requested it! Cristy....I saw yours of Joe and I PROMISE I am not trying to compete!!! ha!! I am so proud of little Joe for walking so early!!
some of the decorations I put together
Riley's shirt (that he wore some of the time) matched the decorations
Riley and Mommy opening gifts
blowing out the candle (not sure that Riley knew what to do...he just kept trying to grab it)
woo hoo...his favorite part of the day!
Oh how we love this little boy!!! He has definitely stolen our hearts!!!
Happy 1st Birthday Riley!
5 comments:
Karla- I loved the post. Riley was too cute walking. Carson and Riley are doing all of the same things. Have fun with a walking child.
Karla!! I would never think that!! Plus in less than a month I'm going to be posting pics of Joe eating his cake all cute like Riley! I have a feeling that we are going to have a lot of posts that look the same since our babies are three weeks apart!
Happy Birthday Riley!!
You're an amazing mom, Karla, and I'm excited to see what the next year holds for you guys.
Happy Birthday sweet Riley!!! He is so darling and yes the years pass so quickly!
Karla, I want our families to see each other!!
I am going to Deridder/Baton Rouge for Thanksgiving....please tell me you are too! =)
Looks like Riley had a blast at his party! I think you are right... he liked the cake! He must get that sweet tooth from his mama! I love when you post videos! I need to learn how to do this! Happy Birthday- Riley!!
Post a Comment