Friday, August 28, 2009

First Attempt

Ok, so we tried sidewalk chalk on the driveway. We are giving it a big thumbs down just because it took much more effort than I thought (it was so stinkin' hot and I like to avoid sweating whenever possible). It may have been able to work, but Edmond said that right as he would have been flying over us, the instructor gave him the controls and he really wasn't able to look for our house. Riley and I saw a helicopter at the right time, but who knows if it was actually Edmond. I guess we will say it was just for the sake of making it fun and exciting. This will probably happen several more times so we are thinking about getting some cheap white shower curtain liners, stapling them together, and drawing something big. This we can reuse again and again. I'll just have to find flower pots, etc. to hold it down. Here are a few pics of our fun!!

Waiting for Daddy!


Maybe Daddy?

Our artwork!

4 comments:

The Long Famil said...

Is it on purpose that Riley and Edmond have the same hair-do?

Karla and Edmond Long said...

Not yet, Amanda, but I'm sure it will be one day!

Jared and Michelle said...

Your artwork is beautiful! I can't wait to hear how the shower curtain idea works out! Keep us posted!

Wade's World said...

You are too cute! :) I bet Patrick wouldn't mind sitting out and watching helicopters with you two. Riley is so cute! I still have a pic on my phone of Drake holding him when he was so little :)